September 11, 2010

Journaling is a must..

Well hello blogland! It's been a minute. I started school back- which takes a ridiculous amount of time away from me.However, mostly it has been due to the fact that I had some internet problems. BUT, good news! It is back up and running for good! So, yay for that!!! Anyways, I wanted to start the Crafter's Devotional.

Day One:
This article starts out with journaling. It suggests that writing alone helps you to see your aspirations, meet your wishes, capture your dreams, and see your potential It also helps to capture fears and insecurities. I choose to make an art journal for my journal. I incorporate "art" into journaling. And believe me, you do not need to be an artist. I can barely draw stick people. However, it is still fun. 

Francis Burney says...
"How truly does this journal contain my real and undisguised thoughts- I always write it according to the humor I am in, and if a stranger was to think it worth reading, how capricious- insolent and whimsical I must appear!- one moment flighty and half mad,- the next sad and melancholy. No matter! Its truth and simplicity are its sole recommendations.

So, like I said, I suck at drawing. However, here is my first attempt at art journaling. I am NOT claiming to have any artistic abilities. haha I just want to capture my feelings. :) Plus, my new craft book insists that this is a good thing. So, I guess I'm going to try it!


The text says," Close your eyes! Imagine... because you can't fear what you don't really know."

Last, I bought another really cool book today! It has to do with journaling and creativity. It's called ....
Wreck this journal! It was like 14 dollars with tax included at Barnes and Noble. Go check it out! Anyways, I'll talk to you all soon this time! No more internet problems... promise! Hope you all are doing well!!! 
I have a super cool purse tutorial coming soon!!! So, get excited! haha ;)

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back Kristin! I wondered where you've been. The start of school is such a busy time. Did you draw the pretty lady with her eyes closed? If you did, she's sure a lot more detailed than a stick lady. Hope all is well.
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're back! Can't wait to see what you have to say about the book. I started reading it and a journal too. It is such an awesome book! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Kristin!
    thank you so much for stopping my and following me!
    I just posted a beautiful giveaway!
    hope to see you enter!
    xoxo
    Keren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Loving all your ideas!

    ~Dorcas
    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. :-) You have a cute blog! Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving a comment. I appreciate it.

    Smiles,
    Nancy of
    Inkcicles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! Much love!